Early Warning Signs for Furnace Repair
- Mar 30, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
Taking care of the various parts of your home is all about being attentive and proactive. This holds true for every component in your HVAC system, but it’ll be a particularly important thing to remember for you furnace this winter!
Some warning signs will stand out more readily than others. For instance, if you’re in the middle of winter and find that heat is not being distributed evenly and adequately across your home, it could be due to a number of issues. You may have leaky or poorly maintained ductwork, or there could be a problem with your furnace itself. Have you been hearing any unusual noises coming from your unit, like rattling or whining? Is your system cycling on and off too frequently or failing to start up altogether? Look closely at your gas and electric bills as well. A dysfunctional unit will be consuming more and costing you extra.
Things You May Not Notice
Depending on how much attention to pay to the behaviour and performance of your furnace, some red flags just might slip by you. Take a look at your pilot light, for instance. Is it blue and steady or yellow and flickering? Do you see soot around your furnace? If you take a look at the windows in your interior, do you notice more condensation than usual? How does the air quality feel in your home? A significant change in this department may be particularly noticeable if someone in your home experiences allergies or asthma, but in most cases, a visual inspection of the cleanliness of your furnace or ductwork will be necessary to see if you’re having a filtration problem.
Smart Preventative Maintenance
So what problems do these indicators point to and how can they be addressed? Diagnosis can range from aging components or dirty filters in need of replacement to a faulty or broken belt in your motor, poor lubrication, malfunctioning ignition, a failing blower, and more. While it’s critical to catch these problems when they’ve progressed and have a certified technician take care of them, it’s far better to prevent them at an earlier stage. There’s plenty you can do to help keep your HVAC system in good shape and avoiding the bigger problems is a matter of getting well-scheduled, professional servicing from an HVAC team you can trust!
If you’re keeping an eye on your HVAC system and staying diligent with basic home maintenance, you’re doing your part. As for repairs and skilled servicing, we’re always there to do ours! Give Climate Change YYC a call at (403) 819-2156 today.
- Choose Professional Furnace Filters Repair Services in Calgary
- The Quick And Effective Solution For Your Heating And Cooling Units
- Enjoy Hot Water after Hot Water Tank Installation Services in Calgary
- Utilize The Effective Impacts Of Hot Water Tank Installation Services
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
Call Us 403-819-2156
Book your quote