Everything You Need to Know About Cleaning Your Ducts
- Mar 30, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
The cleanliness and integrity of your ducts play a considerable role in how your system performs overall, so regular cleaning is a wise habit to maintain. It’s even wiser to familiarize yourself with why and how ducts are professionally cleaned, so here are a few things to take note of.
Common Reasons for Cleaning
What exactly creates the need for a duct cleaning? You’d be surprised by the quantity and variety of contaminants that can accumulate over time. Dust, pollen, lint, pet dander, the bacteria and other microorganisms that come with them are all prone to build up if professional cleaning is not administered. The presence of pests can also introduce agents that are especially problematic. Without clean ducts, your home won’t have clean air, and the efficiency of your furnace is liable to be sup-par in providing much-needed heat to your interior during winter.
The Cleaning Process
Depending on how long it’s been since the last time your ducts were cleaned, as well as whether or not you’ve had to deal with an infestation and other factors, the details of a duct cleaning can vary. A standard cleaning will aim to dislodge any accumulated material like dust and mould so that it can be removed using a specialized vacuum cleaner. This is often followed with duct sanitation, which is best accomplished using chemicals that are 100% safe for ventilation. An example of this would be Benefect, which is an entirely plant-based cleaning agent designed for safe and effective sanitation. A professional cleaning like this will be more worthwhile than a DIY job by far.
How Often Is It Needed?
It is sometimes recommended that a comprehensive duct cleaning is performed every two to four years, but it’s not uncommon for homeowners and tenants to fall behind on their cleanings, resulting in the need for more involved professional attention. Duct cleaning also helps protect the physical state of the ducts themselves, so older ducts that have sustained wear over the years may need to be cleaned more frequently in order to mitigate damage. And depending on the age of your home and its ductwork, neglecting them can actually result in the need for duct replacement sooner than you’d probably like!
Staying warm this season will require not only clean ducts, but an overall, well-maintained system that has been looked after by the right team. An efficient furnace is a cost-effective and rewarding one, so give us a call at (403) 819-2156 to keep yours in top condition!
- The Quick And Effective Solution For Your Heating And Cooling Units
- Enjoy Hot Water after Hot Water Tank Installation Services in Calgary
- Utilize The Effective Impacts Of Hot Water Tank Installation Services
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
- Why is it important to get Regular Services for your Furnace System
Call Us 403-819-2156
Book your quote