How Does a Home Furnace Work?
- Mar 30, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
It’s getting chillier out there, so it’s just about time to think about your heating. As usual, it’s both practical and enriching to gain a solid understanding of how your HVAC equipment works. This week we’ll take a look at your furnace.
Types and Configurations
The exact function of a heating system depends entirely on what kind of system has been installed. Homes are heated using many different methods, including furnaces, hot water boilers, steam boilers, and heat pumps. These all display their own techniques for generating and distributing heat, but the one we’ll focus on here is the furnace component of a complete HVAC system. This is one of the most common types of heating systems for residences. During the summer, this system is working hard to keep your home cool by employing its central air conditioning components, but once winter creeps in, it’s time for the furnace to shine.
Furnaces differ from the other types of heating systems mentioned above in that they directly heat air by using the combustion of gas or the heating of electrical coils. Before they can do that, however, they need to be told by your thermostat that the temperature surrounding it is lower than the temperature you’ve told it to maintain. The system then becomes active, and the air drawn into the furnace through an air return is heated by either a fuel-based heat exchanger or an electric element, depending on your system. The blower then works to begin the distribution process, forcing heated air throughout your ducts and into the rooms of your home.
The job of maintaining good air quality and cleanliness of the blower rests on the filter in the cold air return. Because this section draws air into your furnace for heating in the first place, if things aren’t in working order, you’ll run into air quality and blower function issues. The efficiency of your system can suffer significantly and cost you quite a bit down the line. The belt and motor in your furnace also need to be in good shape and running smoothly. Don’t forget that the best way to maximize the effectiveness of your system is to count on a certified professional for repairs and routine checkups!
Need a licensed HVAC specialist to look at your heating system? Climate Change YYC can conduct a thorough inspection and help ensure that you have a cozy winter. Give us a call at (403) 819-2156 today!
- Choose Professional Furnace Filters Repair Services in Calgary
- The Quick And Effective Solution For Your Heating And Cooling Units
- Enjoy Hot Water after Hot Water Tank Installation Services in Calgary
- Utilize The Effective Impacts Of Hot Water Tank Installation Services
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
Call Us 403-819-2156
Book your quote