How to Get the Most out of Your Central A/C
- Mar 31, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
The benefits of an efficient air conditioning system are many. However, you’re only really going to get the most out of these benefits if your system gives you its best performance. Here are a few ways you can ensure this.
The more effectively sealed your home is, the better it will resist outside heat or lose cool air. Keep all windows closed and be sure to use your curtains, especially in rooms that receive a high level of direct sunlight. Having company over for a barbecue? There may be lots of traffic in and out of the back door, so be sure it’s not left open! How is the insulation in your home with regards to your attic, exterior walls, and the quality of your windowpanes? If your windowpanes are old and leaking air, repair might be necessary. Maintaining the integrity of these elements will mean a more energy-efficient air conditioning system.
Just as you probably avoid leaving lights on in empty rooms, you should get into the habit of using your thermostat to set or even turn off your system according to the weather or if you’re spending some time out of the house. If you don’t turn off lights in empty rooms, you should do that too! Lots of household lights consume energy and create heat where it isn’t wanted, so you might want to consider switching to cooler, more energy efficient alternatives such as LED bulbs. Don’t forget to seal the vents in your basement if you have one, they tend to hog cool air as heat ascends to the upper portion of your home.
Cleanliness and Maintenance
Stay on top of changing your filters and checking in on the condition of your coils. If you have a split system, the area around the compressor and condenser outside needs to be clear of all plant debris and the fan should be running smoothly. The health of your ductwork is also critical, and you should always be on the lookout for leaks that need sealing. Last but certainly not least, whether it’s duct cleaning or diagnostics and repairs, you can count on a certified HVAC technician to help you optimize the longevity of your home climate system!
Climate Change YYC is here to uphold the highest standards in air conditioning installation and maintenance. For improved air quality, a cooler interior, and more, get in touch with us at (403) 819-2156 today!
- Choose Professional Furnace Filters Repair Services in Calgary
- The Quick And Effective Solution For Your Heating And Cooling Units
- Enjoy Hot Water after Hot Water Tank Installation Services in Calgary
- Utilize The Effective Impacts Of Hot Water Tank Installation Services
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
Call Us 403-819-2156
Book your quote