How Well Do You Know Heating Systems?
- Mar 30, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
There’s a lot of information that a homeowner can seek out to improve their home climate. Even general knowledge can help to build expertise that will pay off in the long run. For instance, what kinds of heating systems keep homes warm during winter and how do they work?
Electric Heat Pumps & Water Boilers
If a home uses an electric heat pump, it is most likely located in a place where winters are not particularly cold or severe, as they’re generally not adequate to heat a home in icy temperatures. Meanwhile, a water boiler system is more likely than an electric heat pump to be found in regions with cold winters. They do have a few disadvantages, however. Perhaps most significant is that a home outfitted with a water boiler-based system will need an entirely separate and independent ductwork and cooling system for air conditioning.
<>pThe heating system you’re most likely to find in residences throughout North America is the forced-air furnace. This is a centralized unit that is often integrated with air conditioning to form a comprehensive heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system (that’s where the term HVAC comes from). It will either be fueled by electricity, gas, or oil, but what they all have in common is that they heat air in the unit through some form of combustion and force the heated air into the rooms of your home via a blower fan and a system of ducts. They’re known for their efficiency, cleanliness, and reliability.
Aside from the systems that are used to heat the air in a home, there are a wide range of appliances used to provide you with hot water. Some of them have been around for quite some time, while others are more recent developments. One of the more innovative devices is the tankless water heater. These provide hot water, on demand, to either individual appliances or your entire home, and they do so in a far more energy-efficient way than traditional tank-based water heaters. Technologies like this are cropping up all the time, so be sure to stay in the know regarding what’s available to you so that you can get the most reliable and efficient results!
A furnace that is installed and maintained by a team of experts is hard to beat, in terms of both cost-efficiency and longevity. Whether your current unit needs a winter repair or you’re looking for a new installation, call Climate Change YYC at (403) 819-2156 and we’ll be there!
- Choose Professional Furnace Filters Repair Services in Calgary
- The Quick And Effective Solution For Your Heating And Cooling Units
- Enjoy Hot Water after Hot Water Tank Installation Services in Calgary
- Utilize The Effective Impacts Of Hot Water Tank Installation Services
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
Call Us 403-819-2156
Book your quote