Improving Air Quality in Your Home
- Mar 30, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
A lot of what we do in home ventilation and climate control is in the interest of comfort, but air quality is of paramount importance when it comes to your health. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to optimize it!
Recognizing the Sources
We typically think of air pollutants as existing predominantly outdoors, but there are plenty of sources that are present in almost any home. Some of the more obvious ones are mould, pet hair or dander, pollen, dust, and more. However, there are a few that some homeowners or tenants might overlook. You probably use chemical cleaning products or home improvement substances like most Canadians do, and your home undoubtedly uses appliances that involve combustion, whether it’s your furnace, fireplace, or dryer. If the particles or other byproducts of these items aren’t dealt with properly, it can take a toll on indoor air quality just as easily as anything else.
Use of Your Appliances
Many key factors in controlling air quality are related to how you use your home appliances. The first thing you should be diligent about (and hopefully already are) is keeping clean air filters in your appliances and making sure that your ductwork is clear of pollutants and leak-free. Whether it’s your furnace, your A/C unit, or your dryer vent, any pathway that is meant to ventilate your home needs to be in the best condition possible. Make sure your fireplace is well maintained too! It’s also not a bad idea to use an air purifier in rooms that you find to be especially problematic.
A Few More Considerations
Depending on the time of year and the pollutants surrounding your home, getting into the habit of opening doors and windows to let some fresh air in can be very helpful. If your home climate system has good humidity control, grab a hydrometer and ensure that your interior is at about 45% relative humidity, no higher than 50% and no lower than 40% (unless it’s winter, then you can go down to 35%). Avoid chemical-heavy air fresheners and try to opt for natural products when you maintain or spruce up your home. Once you establish good interior care habits, you’ll be able to keep that air as clean as ever!
A healthy, comfortable home climate is all about knowing your home and staying smart about maintenance. If you have questions or maintenance needs for your HVAC system, give Climate Change YYC a call at (403) 819-2156 today!
- The Quick And Effective Solution For Your Heating And Cooling Units
- Enjoy Hot Water after Hot Water Tank Installation Services in Calgary
- Utilize The Effective Impacts Of Hot Water Tank Installation Services
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
- Why is it important to get Regular Services for your Furnace System
Call Us 403-819-2156
Book your quote