Is It Time for a New Furnace?
- Mar 30, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
Last week’s blog on furnace repairs is probably most appropriate for units that aren’t too old. However, no home appliance lasts forever, and there will inevitably come a time for replacement. Here’s how you can tell when a new furnace is necessary and what to do about it.
When Its Days Are Numbered
The first thing to consider is the age of your unit. If you weren’t in your current home when the furnace was installed, hopefully you’re aware of when it was. Estimations tend to vary, but the average unit will last for roughly 15 to 20 years. Some people, however, may not know the exact age of their furnace. In this case, watch out for the signs we went over in last week’s blog. Pay particular attention to how many repairs you’ve needed in the past couple of years. If major part replacement has come into play more than once or twice, it’s probably time for a replacement.
Out with the Old, in with the New
So, once you’ve established that you’re due for a new unit, what’s next? This might seem like a stressful and daunting task, but it’s helpful to consider all the upsides to starting anew. You should never put off your replacement, as the longer you wait, the more costly your energy consumption and further repairs will become. That old model probably has a number of shortcomings in terms of mechanical design and efficiency that recent models have improved upon. You may even be eligible for certain tax credits and other incentives if you install a high-efficiency system.
Making Your New Unit Last
There’s a good chance that in the process of seeking out repairs and ultimately replacing your old unit, you’ve learned a thing or two about how to take care of things. Starting fresh with a new furnace is the perfect chance to use this knowledge to your advantage and make your system last as long as possible. This time around, you’ll be better equipped to predict common issues and avoid falling behind on essential maintenance, from your filter to the blower motor and beyond. With a passionate HVAC team there to help, you’ll have your most comfortable winter yet!
Whether you’re in need of a new furnace or your current one is in great shape, our team of experienced, certified technicians can help you get the best results out of all your HVAC equipment. Call us at (403) 819-2156 to get in touch!
- The Quick And Effective Solution For Your Heating And Cooling Units
- Enjoy Hot Water after Hot Water Tank Installation Services in Calgary
- Utilize The Effective Impacts Of Hot Water Tank Installation Services
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
- Why is it important to get Regular Services for your Furnace System
Call Us 403-819-2156
Book your quote