Preventing Furnace Emergencies
- Mar 30, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
Many appliances in your home come with safety considerations to bear in mind. Your furnace is the perfect example, so it’s important to stay informed about how to prevent potentially dangerous problems with this system.
General Preventative Measures
The first thing you should do as winter begins and you start your furnace is to make sure that the space around it is clean. Remove any items that have accumulated so that the furnace has the space it needs to operate safely. You should be especially certain that no flammable substances are nearby. Conduct a basic visual inspection of your furnace and your vents, watching out for any buildup, rust, or other unwelcome guests. Your burner should be a steady blue flame, not yellow and flickering. If thing aren’t right here, you should call an HVAC technician as soon as possible.
Gas, Air, and Circulation
A big factor in furnace safety is being aware of any issues that your system may have with its combustion and its distribution of air and heat. Some furnaces might give off an unusual smell when they are first activated after time spent dormant, but this is often due to the burning of accumulated dust. However, anything that persists should be looked into, especially if you smell gas. Carbon monoxide can be a concern if the condition of your ventilation, combustion chamber, or other related components is poor. Even with a seemingly pristine system, a carbon monoxide detector is indispensable for home furnace safety. As always, your ductwork should be clean and leak-free. Keep your grilles free of buildup and don’t close too many vents at once, that hot air needs somewhere to go!
Maintenance and Repairs
When it comes to preventative maintenance and repairs of almost any kind, a certified HVAC technician will have you covered. Preventing gas leaks, carbon monoxide leaks, explosions, or other mishaps is best done by consulting the right expert and allowing them to work their magic when it’s needed. One of the most essential safety measures out there is to avoid attempting repairs yourself. It’s well worth it to avoid making the problem worse or putting yourself in harm’s way, so don’t hesitate to leave your furnace in the right hands!
The best time to perform maintenance on your furnace is right before winter really gets going. Contact the Climate Change YYC team at (403) 819-2156 to make your system as safe and efficient as possible!
- The Quick And Effective Solution For Your Heating And Cooling Units
- Enjoy Hot Water after Hot Water Tank Installation Services in Calgary
- Utilize The Effective Impacts Of Hot Water Tank Installation Services
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
- Why is it important to get Regular Services for your Furnace System
Call Us 403-819-2156
Book your quote