Recognizing Poor Indoor Air Quality
- Mar 23, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
Improving your home climate isn’t just about temperature and humidity, it’s also about keeping the air as clean and healthy as possible so that you can breathe comfortably. If your home has any air quality issues, there are a number of ways you can recognize and diagnose them.
When it comes to determining the state of your air quality, there are plenty of places to look for distinct, recognizable symptoms. The first place you might want to look is the air filters of your HVAC system. No matter what season it is, a filter that has gone too long without being changed will have a significant amount of dust buildup that can wreak havoc on the air in your home. Take a look at the registers of your ducts and even inside the ducts themselves. Be aware of signs of mold and dust on surfaces throughout your home. Don’t forget to dust and vacuum often, ventilating all rooms properly.
Forms of Discomfort
Poor air quality can take a toll on the respiratory health of anyone, but some individuals are more sensitive than others. If any occupants of your home have asthma and symptoms are unusually prevalent, it could be due to an increase of unwelcome elements in the air, from mold spores to pollen and others. Even if you aren’t particularly sensitive, be aware of how comfortably you can breathe in your home, and pay attention to the details, such as a dry or scratchy throat that can occur due to excessive dust. Unfamiliar or unpleasant odors are also something to watch out for.
Considering All Factors
A big part of understanding and being more aware of air quality is being aware of the environment around your home and other circumstantial factors that can lead to problems. For instance, if your home has recently undergone renovations, inadequate cleanup and containment of particles can set really set you back in terms of the clarity and cleanliness of your air. Even the exterior environment surrounding your home is well worth considering, as construction or other activity can certainly play a role!
Air quality is just one element of your indoor climate that quality HVAC equipment, repair, and maintenance are responsible for optimizing. The team here at Climate Change YYC has them all covered. Give us a call at (403) 819-2156 to find out what we can do for you!
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
- Why is it important to get Regular Services for your Furnace System
- Breathe in Fresh and Healthy Environment with Regular Duct Cleaning Services
- Why Duct Cleaning is very Important
- Cost of Dust Cleaning Services in Calgary
Phone Now 403-819-2156
Fill out this form!