Routine HVAC Maintenance
- Mar 31, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
Optimizing your home climate means keeping an eye on your HVAC system and ensuring that everything is in good working order. This is for the sake of clean air, a comfortable living environment, and the longevity of your appliances. Here are some key points of maintenance that you should always bear in mind.
First things first: everything should be kept clean! This goes for all your filters, your evaporator and condenser coils, your blower motor, and other components. All outdoor equipment should be unobstructed by hanging or falling plant material and the space surrounding it needs to be as open as possible. If you find any damage, be sure not to attempt any repairs! This is a job for a qualified professional. Meanwhile, have you checked your refrigerant level? It should match up with the recommendations of your technician or manufacturer. And don’t forget, the better you insulate your home, the more efficiently your system will work to keep it comfortable.
The aspects of your system responsible for heating will require many of the same maintenance considerations as those responsible for cooling, such as proper insulation, checking filters, and keeping everything free of plant debris. However, some points apply more specifically here than with your cooling system. Check gas and other connections to make sure they’re secure, as well as your heat exchanger for any damage or debris. Is combustion normal? Your furnace flame should be blue and stable, not be yellow or flickering! Burner side panels also need to be tightly closed.
Be sure to stay on top of routine vacuuming and dusting around the home. If you have exposed ducts, have a look at their physical state, checking for dents, loose seams, or escaping air. Are you planning renovations? Seal your vents! Your filters also need to be firmly in place at all times, except of course for when you’re changing them. This should be done often, at an interval best recommended based on your system, filter type, and other factors including pets and the size of your home. Asking a professional for this and other specifics is a great way to go!
If you want to make sure your home climate is the best it can be, trusting in a professional for repairs and maintenance can make a world of difference! To see what Climate Change YYC can do for your HVAC system, get in touch with us at (403) 819-2156 today!
- The Quick And Effective Solution For Your Heating And Cooling Units
- Enjoy Hot Water after Hot Water Tank Installation Services in Calgary
- Utilize The Effective Impacts Of Hot Water Tank Installation Services
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
- Why is it important to get Regular Services for your Furnace System
Call Us 403-819-2156
Book your quote