Signs That You Need Your Ducts Cleaned
- Mar 31, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
A duct system that is in good shape will go a long way towards optimizing the efficiency and cleanliness of your HVAC system. That being said, you’ll only be able to do this if you know how to spot a problem.
One of the simpler methods for determining need for a duct cleaning is to perform a visual inspection of your ventilation. Remove vent grilles, heat registers, and air returns to get a close look at their condition. Take a look inside the ducts and keep an eye out for dust, dirt, pet hair, or visual accumulation of mould. If you’ve recently run into a rodent or insect infestation, it’s worth taking a look at your ducts to watch for droppings or other remnants that need to be sterilized. The last thing you want is this material circulating throughout the air in your home!
There are a number of indicators you can look out for that manifest within your furnace, AC unit, or other components. The motor, blower fan, and furnace compartment interior can accumulate dust and dirt if your ductwork isn’t doing its job properly, and the same can go for the blowers in your AC unit. This is another reason why it’s so important to keep an eye on all filters. Not only does it ensure clean ventilation, it also offers an indication as to how healthy the system is on the whole. If you’ve moved into an older house with an AC system that is a bit dated, a duct cleaning could be in order.
If you feel that your HVAC system is heating or cooling your home unevenly, with some rooms or areas more affected than others, this is a clear sign that something’s not right with how the air is being circulated. A duct inspection just might give an indication of the culprit. How clean does the air in your home feel? Are there any unusual smells? If any occupants experience asthma or respiratory allergies and their symptoms are kicking up, it could be due to buildup of contaminants. Keep your air clean by making the cleanliness of your ducts a priority!
There’s a lot of comfort in knowing that the air in your home is truly clean and comfortable. Call Climate Change YYC today at (403) 819-2156 to find out how we can help make your HVAC system as efficient as ever!
- Choose Professional Furnace Filters Repair Services in Calgary
- The Quick And Effective Solution For Your Heating And Cooling Units
- Enjoy Hot Water after Hot Water Tank Installation Services in Calgary
- Utilize The Effective Impacts Of Hot Water Tank Installation Services
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
Call Us 403-819-2156
Book your quote