Your Furnace and Carbon Monoxide: Preventing Hazards
- Mar 24, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
When not taken care of properly, almost every home appliance can potentially pose a hazard of some kind. Your furnace is no exception, and some problems are easier to detect than others. If you’re not on top of maintenance, you should consider the effects of a carbon monoxide leak.
Understanding Carbon Monoxide
Carbon monoxide hazards are frequently brought up when home climate and safety are concerned, but few people know the fundamentals behind it. Carbon monoxide is a gas that occurs both through natural processes and as a byproduct of man-made ones. It’s produced as a result of combustion, whether of wood, gasoline, or other forms of fuel. When inhaled in quantities above a certain concentration, it enters the bloodstream and compromises your blood’s ability to carry and transport oxygen. Smaller amounts can cause symptoms similar to those of the flu, while larger amounts are fatal.
What Causes a Leak?
Because carbon monoxide is produced as a byproduct of fuel combustion, it occurs commonly in forced-air furnaces. However, furnaces are designed to ventilate themselves in a way that safely removes the threat from circulation. However, if a unit has not been installed properly or hasn’t been maintained well, a few issues can lead to a leak. Perhaps the most common example is a cracked heat exchanger. This is a part of your furnace that acts as a barrier between clean air to be circulated and unsafe air that is expelled through the furnace’s flue. A crack means that carbon monoxide is allowed to leak into the circulated air and a hazard is established.
Skilled Preventative Maintenance
Like any issue with your HVAC furnace, it is quite straightforward to prevent a cracked heat exchanger or another problem leading to a carbon monoxide leak. Professional check-ups from certified HVAC technicians, particularly during winter when your furnace is most active, will reveal repairable issues before they become worse and lead to a dangerous scenario. Routine preventative maintenance isn’t just about getting the most out of your investment, it’s about preserving the quality and safety of the air in your home!
Expert HVAC care can make all the difference for the safety and longevity of your system. Our team of certified HVAC technicians can keep your equipment in the best possible shape and help you through any issue, so get in touch at (403) 819-2156 and let us know what you need!
- Choose Professional Furnace Filters Repair Services in Calgary
- The Quick And Effective Solution For Your Heating And Cooling Units
- Enjoy Hot Water after Hot Water Tank Installation Services in Calgary
- Utilize The Effective Impacts Of Hot Water Tank Installation Services
- Climate Change Heating and Cooling services for your best home
- Obtain Professional Emergency Furnace Repair Service at Affordable Price
- Get Professional Cooling and Heating Services at Affordable Rates
- Central Air Conditioning Installation Services In Calgary
- Hire Experts to get Air Conditioning Cleaning Services
- When & why to Hire Commercial Thermostat Services in Calgary
Call Us 403-819-2156
Book your quote